Happy Holidays! The team is back together from the holiday break and will resume the season with a two-game, non-conference set at Wisconsin of the Big Ten. The game start at 7 p.m. Friday and 8 p.m. Saturday, and here’s how you can follow the action:
- TV: Fox Sports Wisconsin, Fox College Sports Pacific (Friday), and Fox College Sports Central (Saturday). These channels can be found on these cable and satellite providers, typically requiring a subscription to a digital sports tier:
- Comcast Xfinity: FCS Pacific 725, FCS Central 724
- Wow!: FCS Pacific 192, FCS Central 191
- DirecTV: Channel 670
- Dish Network: Channel 440 (Friday), Channel 451 (Saturday)
- ONLINE VIDEO: InsideBadgerSports.com (subscription, Friday only)
- LIVE STATS: Friday | Saturday
- AUDIO: WIBA
- TWITTER: @weloveuahhockey (us), @uahhockey (official), @uahchargers (official), @BadgerMHockey (official)
|1-11-0 (WCHA)||Conference record||2-2-0 (Big Ten)|
|1.06 (59th)||Goals per game||3.50 (T-10th)|
|4.28 (57th)||Goals allowed per game||3.07 (42nd)|
|14.7 (17th)||Penalty minutes per game||11.8 (38th)|
|7.3% (58th)||Power play||18.9% (33rd)|
|62.9% (59th)||Penalty kill||83.9% (20th)|
|Matt Salhany (2-5-7)
Frank Misuraca (1-5-6)
Alex Allan (3-1-4)
Chad Brears (3-1-4)
|Leading scorers||Nic Kerdiles (8-9-17)*
Michael Mersch (10-6-16)
Mark Zengerle (1-13-14)
Tyler Barnes (5-7-12)
Joseph LaBate (5-6-11)
(9 GS, 3.48 GAA, .904 SV%)
(9 GS, 4.89 GAA, .881 SV%)
(7 GS, 2.14 GAA, .926 SV%)
(7 GS, 3.59 GAA, .881 SV%)
* Currently with Team USA at World Junior Championships.
The Chargers are back at the Kohl Center in Madison, Wis., where they haven’t fared very well. UAH is 0-8 all-time at Wisconsin (and overall, as the Badgers have never come to Huntsville). Last season, the Chargers lost 5-0 and 4-1.
UAH will have to go without Ben Reinhardt on Friday as he serves a one-game suspension for an illegal check on Zach Stepan late in the Dec. 14 game against Minnesota State. The Chargers will also be without Jeff Vanderlugt due to injury, but captain Doug Reid is returning to action.
The 14th-ranked Badgers are on a four-game winning streak, sweeping Penn State and Colorado College at home. Wisconsin will not have their top scorer, Nic Kerdiles, who is with Team USA at the World Junior Championships.
UAH returns home next weekend, Jan. 3-4, against Bowling Green.