What can we say? To catch the games, we implore you to come to the games.
It’s the last weekend of the season. The boys are playing better, and they can sure use the support to help them wrap up 2013-14 on a high note. There are many great events surrounding this series, and general admission tickets are still free (thanks to Huntsville International Airport), so what else do you need?
To recap, here are the promotions for the games, which start at 7:07 p.m. both nights.
- FRIDAY: The first 500 fans receive a set of UAH hockey trading cards. Before the game, there will be a tailgate with free food and entertainment across from Propst Arena from 5:30-6:45. UAH students who ride the chartered buses from campus to Propst Arena will be entered into a drawing for a cash prize.
- SATURDAY: The first 500 fans receive a free mini Saturn V rocket courtesy of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center. Before the game, the four Charger seniors will be honored. Huntsville International Airport will be giving away a $500 airline voucher.
If you can’t make the games, here’s how you can follow the action:
- VIDEO: WCHA TV on America One (subscription)
- LIVE STATS: uahchargers.com
- AUDIO: NMU Sports Network
- TWITTER: @weloveuahhockey (us), @uahhockey (official), @uahchargers (official), @NMU_Wildcats (official)
|WCHA rank in parentheses|
|2-23-1 (10th)||Conference record||11-14-1 (9th)|
|1.06 (10th)||Goals per game||2.56 (8th)|
|4.36 (10th)||Goals allowed per game||2.85 (T-7th)|
|12.2 (9th)||Penalty minutes per game||15.1 (5th)|
|8.0% (10th)||Power play||19.1% (2nd)|
|69.4% (10th)||Penalty kill||76.9% (9th)|
|Matt Salhany (5-7-12)
Jack Prince (6-5-11)
Chad Brears (6-4-10)
Steve Koshey (1-8-9)
Alex Allan (4-3-7)
|Leading scorers||Stephan Vigier (15-13-28)
Mitch Jones (3-18-21)
Reed Seckel (10-10-20)
Ryan Daugherty (5-12-17)
Erik Higby (11-6-17)
(18 GS, 3.90 GAA, .905 SV%)
(18 GS, 4.76 GAA, .887 SV%)
(31 GS, 2.64 GAA, .910 SV%)
Northern Michigan comes into the series one point out of the eighth and final WCHA playoff spot. The Wildcats need points (and perhaps some help) to continue their season. Click here for more.
The Chargers and Wildcats last met on Nov. 22-23 in Marquette, Michigan, with NMU winning both games, 3-0 and 4-0. Goaltender Mathias Dahlstrom got credit for both shutouts, with a total of 33 saves for both games. Dahlstrom is eighth in the WCHA in goals against average and fifth in save percentage.
NMU leading scorer Stephan Vigier is ninth in the WCHA in points. He had three assists against the Chargers in the second game in Marquette.
Northern Michigan leads the all-time series 5-0-1.