Some statistical tidbits to look out for as the 2016-17 season starts in just one week:
|Top UAH scorers since the 2007-08 season|
- Junior Max McHugh may be the Chargers’ most potent scorer in a decade. He has 19 goals and 45 points in his UAH career, leading all active Chargers in just two seasons. McHugh has the third-most goals and third-most points in the last nine seasons.
- Four players have a shot to catch and pass the all-time UAH record for career games played, which is 137 by Joel Bresciani (1999-2003). Brent Fletcher, Cody Marooney, and Brandon Carlson, at 105 games played each, can catch Bresciani if they play 32 of UAH’s 34 regular-season games this season (plus any postseason play). Matt Salhany, with 103 games played, could also catch Bresciani.
- Guerriero has played 3,911 minutes in his UAH career, which is fourth-most in school history. He is 747 minutes (about 13 full games) from catching Mark Byrne (1999-2003) for third place. Guerriero’s .914 save percentage is second in UAH’s modern Division I history and third all-time.
- Should the Chargers make the WCHA playoffs, the first game will be the 1,000th varsity game in UAH’s hockey history. The Jan. 7 game against Minnesota State will be the Chargers’ 500th varsity home game.
- Freshman Austin Beaulieu of Coral Springs will be UAH’s second player from Florida and first since Mike Dalton (1982-86). Freshman Sean Rappleyea of Sayre will be UAH’s second player from New Jersey and first since James Kodrowski (1998-2000).
WCHA.tv packages available: The 2016-17 edition of WCHA.tv, the WCHA’s online streaming platform, is ready for ordering with a number of packages available.
The full-league season pass is $104.99, which gives you live and on demand access to every WCHA team’s home game this season. If you only want to see the Chargers, the single-team season pass is $89.99 and includes all 28 conference games.
For UAH fans who will be at all the home games and therefore only need to see the road games online, there is a new single-team road pass. You get all of the Chargers’ 14 WCHA road games for $44.99.
Monthly and nightly passes are also available. Visit WCHA.tv for more information.
Promotional schedule unveiled: UAH announced the 2016-17 hockey promotional schedule on Monday.
Opening night is Friday, Oct. 21 against Lake Superior State, when UAH schedule magnets will be given away. Military Appreciation Weekend is Nov. 11 and 12 against Alaska, when all veterans and active military personnel receive free admission.
UAH hockey trading cards will be given away on all Saturday games.